Plantation shutters are the shutters that are solid and stable windows used in houses. It is made of horizontal and vertical rails. These are used to provide privacy, security. It is also used to protect furniture from harmful Ultra-Violet radiation. The shutters are bigger in size and are available to the sizes of your windows and walls. The use of plantation shutters can make changes like space, airflow and perfect look for your rooms. The three basic plantation shutters are:
- Vinyl plantation shutters: These shutters are really affordable and are of great quality. They are made of materials like PVC or aluminum rather than wood. The most reasons people buy this type of plantation shutters is the comfortable and cozy look the shutters give to their houses. These are extremely resistant to all types of weather conditions. The Vinyl plantation shutters can be further classified as
- Hollow vinyl: The hollow vinyl type of plantation shutters are not of strength as compared to all the other types of plantation shutters. All the classification of vinyl plantation shutters tends to get bend over a period of time.
- Structured hollow vinyl: They are made of the vinyl skeleton that gives extraordinary support to windows and walls. These shutters are of higher quality and best support.
- Solid vinyl: It has blown PVC inside the frames also of sturdy nature. It offers a more solid base as the support is provided inside the frames.
They are structured in such a way that it prevents moisture from the atmosphere entering inside the rooms. Hence it is very useful for the winter season as the shutter instantly provides insulation.
- Composite plantation shutters: This type of plantation shutters are made from fake wood. The fake woods can also be called as faux woods. These are produced from Medium Density Fiber Woods. These are covered by means of a vinyl layer or PVC layer. They are very attractive and are affordable. They are resistant to vulnerable weather conditions. It acts as an alternative substitute for wood.
- Wood plantation shutters: These looks light-weight and of creamy substance. They look extremely light but it is strong. As they are of creamy texture, these can be molded into different shapes and structures.
Features of Plantation shutters
- They work great in extremely colder as well as hot conditions. As they do not absorb moisture, they can be suitable for bathroom and kitchens.
- They can be made of custom colors, designs, and styles.
These plantation shutters are available in unique designs and creative styles that give your hose a new and modern look. It has many advantages like easy cleaning, different styles, and works in all types of weather conditions. You can also browse online for a different style and variety of plantation shutter. It reduces your electric bills as they provide light to the room for a maximum period of time. There are experienced design consultants who would give styling advice for your homes and offices.